Frequently Asked Questions


 What are city hall office hours?

Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. 

 What is the garbage and recycling pick up schedule?

The City of St. Bonifacius contracts with Randy's Sanitation for both garbage and recycling.  Garbage is picked up weekly on Thursdays.  Recycling is a city-wide, single-sort system and is picked up in 30 gallon carts on a bi-weekly basis on Thursdays. Garbage and Recycling must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. If you have questions, please call 763-972-3335. 

 2024 Garbage and Recycle Schedule

 When is the water and sewer bill due?

The water and sewer bill is due by the 15th of each month.  Please see Water & Sewer Utility Billing under Residents tab of the website for payment options.

 When are property taxes due?

Property taxes are due on May 15 and October 15. If that date falls on a weekend or holiday, taxes are due on the next business day.  Go here to pay on-line or get more information regarding your property taxes.

 Do I need a permit for a recreational fire?

Recreational fires are allowed by the City of St.  Bonifacius when the following rules are followed:

  • The fire is contained to a 3 by 3 by 3 feet area surrounded by non-combustible and non-smoke or odor-producing material (rock, brick, ferrous metal, etc.)
  • Fire extinguishing equipment (extinguisher, garden hose, sand) is readily available.
  • Only natural wood may be burned.  Treated or painted wood, plastic, rubber, building materials, rubbish, leaves and grass may not be burned.
  • Adult supervision is required while having a recreational fire.
  • All fires are subject to discontinuance by the Fire or Police Department.


State-issued burning restrictions/bans may impact this policy.


Please be mindful that high winds and/or dry conditions require extra attention and safety for even the smallest fire.  If in doubt, put it out.

 How do I rent the Community Room?

The St. Boni Community Room located at City Hall, is available for businesses and residents to rent.  Please call the City Office for availability.  Rates and Rental agreement are in link below:

Rental Agreement and Fees

 Do I need a license for my dog or cat?

You do not need a license for your cat but a license is required for your dog.  The cost is $20.00 and is good for the life of your dog.  Complete the attached form and bring into the City Office for filing.

Dog License and Ordinance

 How do I report a nuisance-type concern or complaint?

If you wish to report a condition you feel may be a violation of St. Bonifacius’ City Code, please contact city staff at 952-446-1061. If the condition is caused by or related to a domesticated or wild animal, please contact the Minnetrista Police Department dispatch line by calling 952-446-1131 or dial 911.


State statute prevents your information from being shared with members of the public and the matter will be handled confidentially.  While Staff does their best to resolve complaint issues in a timely manner, there are matters and/or circumstances that take some time to achieve compliance.

 When do I need a sign permit?

Most signs in the City of St. Bonifacius require issuance of a permit and payment of a fee. Certain types of signs are exempt from permitting including, but not limited to, garage sale signs and real estate signs.    
  • $83.00 Fee
  • Permits must be approved by Planning Commission and City Council
  • Click here for Sign Permit application
  • $11.00 Fee (No Fee for Non-Profits)
  • Permit valid for no more than 15 consecutive days.
  • 4 permits are allowed per year
  • Click here for Portable Sign Permit application



  • $28.00 Fee
  • Up to forty-eight (48) square feet of yard banners (attached to in-ground posts or a fence) are permitted per tenant/property owner for duration of no more than six (6) months, per year.  
  • Banners may not be affixed to retaining walls, pylon or monument signs, trees, vehicles, trash receptacles, ice chests, etc., and may not be used as the business identification sign.  Baseball field fences are permitted to have an unlimited number of banners affixed to them from April 1st through September 30th each year.
  • Click here for Yard Banner Permit application

 Do I need a fence permit?

Provide a drawing as to location of the fence and submit it with your permit application and a $30 fee.  Go here for forms and further details.

 Who do I contact to rent a park shelter?

At this time the City does not rent out or reserve the park shelters for private party use.  Use of the shelters is on a first come first serve basis.  Contact the city if you want to use the building restrooms and electrical at Missile Park.

 How do I report a Public Works emergency?

°Sanitary Sewer & Storm Sewer Backups and Water Main Breaks
      *Call 952-446-8193   24/7   to report a sewer or water emergency

Official Website of St. Bonifacius, MN Copyright 2018